Northern Michigan Property & Casualty Insurance

By Ken • November 19th, 2009

Purchasers of property should research insurance for the property they are buying during the contingency period. It is common practice with insurance agencies to require a C.L.U.E. (comprehensive loss underwriting report) when they quote and offer to insure a property.  The C.L.U.E. report may report losses that may have occurred over the past 5 years. This could be of benefit to you as a buyer to help you determine if you want to purchase the property if there were claims for fire, water, wind, tree or other kinds of damage claims.

The last thing you want to have happen just before you are ready to close is that the insurance company you thought would insure the property will not because of past problems that were discovered on a C.L.U.E. report. Get the report as soon as you can and save yourself a potential disappointment.

It is information such as this which can make or break your home purchase. Finding out too late of issues which could potentially impact your new home could mean the difference between actually getting your new home and not getting it.

If you are looking for homes for sale in Northern Michigan and are looking for a Realtor who can help you, call Ken Carlson Realty PC. Ken Carlson is a long time resident and realtor in Northern Michigan who has helped both buy and sell many homes in his long career.

Ken Carlson is a Northern Michigan Realtor who specializes in all types of real estate in Northern Michigan including lakefront, property and even commercial property for sale. For more information about homes for sale or other useful information to help you during your search for a new home, contact Ken Carlson at 989.240.0970 today.

Disclaimer: Information contained herein is the opinion of Ken Carlson and should be independently verified by purchasers of insurance and their insurance agency.

« | Home | »

Connect with Me

On Facebook On Twitter On Feedburner
Free Insurance Quote