I Own Two Homes And Can’t Sell The First One, Here’s Tax Relief

By Ken • February 16th, 2009

With the economic down turn, some families are finding it very difficult to pay taxes on two homes. The house that they used to live in may lose the property tax homestead exemption because they filed a new one on the home they are living in now. If you are one of the thousands of families who are facing this problem, you need to know, you are not alone. Thankfully, hope is on the way.

The Legislature enacted a new law last year allowing property owners to have the lower homestead property tax rate on BOTH if they meet certain rules. Click on form PRE 4640 to down load the free PDF document that may bring welcomed tax relief.  You will need to file this form by May first of 2009. Be sure to follow the attached instructions carefully.

For expert help in selling your property click on this link and you find market sensitive information to sell in this buyer’s market. Ken Carlson has the experience to help you list, and sell your property.

Ken Carlson Realty

Ken Carlson of Ken Carlson Realty is experienced in buying and selling homes as well as much more. If you are living or vacationing in Northern Michigan and are looking for a real estate agent who is experienced in realty in this part of the state, Ken Carlson can help you. To find out more about buying or selling homes in Northern Michigan or the market in general, we invite you to contact us today at 1.989.240.0970. Ken has years of experience in the industry and knows how to help. Contact us by phone or send us an email today and get on your way.


« | Home | »

Connect with Me

On Facebook On Twitter On Feedburner
Free Insurance Quote